The day my mind is still, it would be the final chapter for My Mind's Drama Copyrights@ Lilow 2004-2009

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Longing

A sudden longing,
To revisit my old house,
The place where I used to imagine,
Recreating the world of Enid Blyton,
The enchanted place that she speaks of,
Where bluebells are fairy lamps,
And tiny mushroom are fairy’s ring..

An ordinary garden it is,
Not enough to fit two cars,
Surrounded by wired fence,
Where my fingers love to trace,
Stretches to a stone pillar,
Covered with moss,
That brings news from afar,
Delivered by a Man

Right beside it lays a grave,
With colourful balsams,
Pink, white, purple and red,
Surrounded by pebbles,
To honour my dead fishes..

Next door lives two huge dogs,
Abby likes the swing,
Dooley loves the cement floor,
Such huge and fierce creatures,
I have the fortune to be their friends,
But they left when I was 12

Flashback after flashback,
Hibiscus and coconut tree,
Neighbour practicing his sonatina,
Lil'Speedy digging grandma’s garden,
Christmas tree look alike,
My mother’s blue hydrangea,
My backdoor neighbour,
With her dog Sherkan,
My roller skates adventure,
Biking with other kids,
Grandma’s vegetable garden,
Sugarcane, beans, pegaga, spring onions,
So much more memories..

I wish to walk upon it again,
I really wish I could,
Seeing it with new eyes,
What would I change?
Maybe nothing at all,
Just to embrace it,
Once more..

Just once..

1 Comments:

Blogger lanaibeach said...

Longing of the past
It is there all the waking hour
Driving it explores into the conscious
Of things leaving behind of adventures sharing
The young age roaming free in the village

It is the yearning to see
How things have changed?
When loneliness strikes in the waking hour
Things of yesterday seem like today

The touch of innocence
The wind of breezy ways
Life in the young age
Nothing changes

It reminded me of my yearning
Of a house where I was raised
When I made a sojourn then
Those childhood friends could remember my nickname
Damned I couldn’t recall each of them

Sometimes I think about the house
About the two Malay sisters taking bath at the well
I used to watch them across the fence
Where I got my skin mark till today

Sometimes I think I want to buy back the house
Yet in my mind I should let go my younger life
Spent on the village years of long ago
Now I believe changes have gone into it

Longing of the past
It happens to most people
Revisiting it feeling good at times
Of the childhood adventures
Bringing memories bury in the conscious

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home