The day my mind is still, it would be the final chapter for My Mind's Drama Copyrights@ Lilow 2004-2009

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Seasons of My Life : The First

I'm a dormant seed,
Waiting for my freedom,
Anticipating for the sun to shine,
To melt the ice above me,
To show me a new world,
Remove me from this black soil,
To embrace and welcome,
My metaphoric spring...

I was the only sprout in the field,
Greeted by a clan of daffodils,
Eventually I grew into one,
Free to fly when the wind blows,
Carries us away to a new land,
Disperse in a clutter..
Mountains, rivers and villages,
Bugs and other creature,
Fully embracing Mother Earth's creation..

The moment was wonderful,
I began to forget my roots,
I've become one of them,
My old soil seems far away,
The same dark pit where i was trapped,
For years and years...
Only memories..

I was awaken one day,
Daffodils aren't so lovely,
They have short lives,
Fluffy and beautiful,
With a comforting warmness,
Once disperse and disseminated,
I am just myself,
The clan is an illusion,
Once the stem wither,
We are just tiny lil' fluff,
On our own,
Blown away to our fate,
To a random spot to bloom again..

I fell back on my old soil,
Exhausted and daze,
Clinging to the past,
Wonderful and dream-like,
Will time ever bring me back to that clan?
It's like wishing for the stars,
To shine beside the sun,
I am still the same old seed,
Longing for the past,
Fearing for the future,
Confused in the present..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home