The day my mind is still, it would be the final chapter for My Mind's Drama Copyrights@ Lilow 2004-2009

Thursday, August 12, 2004

The Tragic Death

It came one day to A404,
A gift for a cute girl,
The whole house was delighted,
A new life have just entered the house,
There were joy and care in every eyes,
It was pampered from head to tail..

One day I moved in to A404,
I saw the lil' peacock fish,
All alone in the aquarium,
It's friend has departed,
I do not know why it always sat on the rock,
It never really swim around,
Unless it wants to eat.

So there the fish sat for half a year,
People always wonder...
Why is it still alive?
It's a miracle with the condition,
Nobody cares for it anymore,
The water always look muddy,
One gal took pity of it,
I guess she's the only one who still cares,
She fed and tend to it like a baby,
Until the day she moved away...

One year have passed,
People still gasp..
it's still alive?
I see it as pure suffering,
It would be better for it to be gone,
Reunite with it's other friend,
I took pity of it,
I tend to it for a few months,
Though, not as efficient as the girl who left..

It was always over fed,
Not by me, but by an anonymous soul,
The poor fish's stomach just bloats,
Too much food in the tank,
The water gets dirty,
I have gave warning,
Nobody cares..
History repeats..

One night, the stomach bloats too big,
It couldn't even move,
The water was dirty,
I saw a thin layer of oil on the surface,
The poor soul,
I just yell and complained,
Nobody heard me either..

I vow to take extra care,
I gave it fresh water,
Place it in my room this time,
Nobody else could harm it anymore,
Something was strange with the fish,
It's gill flaps really gentle,
The breathing was slow...
I pray that it would be fine tomorrow..

I could not help looking at the fish,
Tapping at the tank once a while,
The stomach is still very big,
I notice the scales are all standing,
The sight was scary and sad,
It's black body was turning lighter..
Suddenly it swims up a few times..
Sink to the bottom again..

Three hours later,
It did not move anymore,
Its eyes was closed,
I was in shock
A part of me was glad,
Its suffering has ended,
Free from the torture,
Free at last from the tank..

I gave it a proper burial,
I placed a yellow bloom on top,
Gave my blessing for the poor soul,
May it have a better next life,
A tear rolled down,
I mention it to a few who cares,
Nobody realise it was gone,
Nobody asked either...


**In memory of the lil' peacock fish that departed to heaven **







1 Comments:

Blogger Pallavi said...

Well I am sorry for that fish .. I hope it teaches the soul not to keep pets who one cannot tend.. its a responsibility one must truly understand before undertaking pets !!!:(

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home