The day my mind is still, it would be the final chapter for My Mind's Drama Copyrights@ Lilow 2004-2009

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

My Fav Festival

Driving around the lake gardens,
Darkness looms in every corner,
Ancient old rain trees on my right,
Bends towards the lake on my left,
All in a stretch that forms an arch

A sudden trail of lights occurs ahead,
At the sacred ring where I used to go,
Where I used to swing on the bars,
Metal bars that surrounds the ring,
Right beside the Old Angsana Tree,
That was replaced with a stone pillar..

I stopped and stucked my head out,
I see lights bobbing far inside the woods,
An artificial woods for recreational purpose,
Little girls and boys with peony lanterns,
Swinging and skipping in the dark..

I stepped out of my car,
As i embraced the candle lights,
Lighted so brightly in the center of the ring,
Making symbolic formation on the ground,
More lanterns are hung on the trees,
What a sight on a beautiful night!

The Moon shone so brightly above,
Never had I notice it earlier,
As if She is blessing the garden,
On this legendary night,
On this magical night..

The Moon Maiden listens,
As children make their wishes,
Long lost lovers meet again,
Mooncakes were sent today,
As a token of friendship and love

I saw on the damp cement,
As I watch the kids with their lanterns,
Adults are busy chatting away,
Teenager are lighting more candles,
I gaze upon the moon above,
The big bright autumn moon,
The beautiful Harvest Moon..

I close my eyes and whisper softly,
Making a wish in my heart,
May the Moon Maiden listens,
Showers her blessing and magic dust,
To all dreamers and lovers,
During this Mooncake Festival..


** HAPPY MOON CAKE FESTIVAL TO EVERYONE!! I wish I could be back home strolling in the Taiping Lake Gardens, lighted up with candles, lanterns and the moon, filled with laughter and fun ;D **

3 Comments:

Blogger Pallavi said...

Hope you have a good time too !!

2:30 PM

 
Blogger mya said...

hey.... at least u sortta spent that time wif me,'kitty' and wendy...though we were hoping u'd stay over my place... Anyways m looking forward for the time u n wendy stay over then can drink wine kau kau... :)

9:35 PM

 
Blogger Lilow said...

Hahaha..not complaining bout that! We had a nice time :D
YEah..need to get a taste of that strawberry wine again...* think dreamilly'

3:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home